NumisMedia Weekly Market Report
Current News and Analysis of the
United States Rare Coin Market
Higher Gold Fuels FUN Show
January 9, 2017
There were numerous highlights from the Heritage Auctions Sale at the just completed FUN Show; from a 1776 Continental Pewter Dollar in PCGS MS64 that sold for $164,500 to a 1792 Half Disme in PCGS MS66 that brought $493,500. Then there were the steadfast rarities such as an 1802 Half Dime in PCGS AU53 and approved by CAC that sold for $329,000.
1792 Half Disme PCGS MS66 sold for $493,500 at the Heritage Auctions FUN Show U.S. Coins Signature Sale in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, January 4-9, 2017
The highlights continued with the sale of an 1839 O Reeded Edge Half Dollar in NGC PR65 that realized $211,500 and the exceptionally rare and infrequently available 1884 Trade Dollar in PCGS PR63 that sold for $423,000. The previous Market price of $235,000 for the Trade Dollar will be adjusted dramatically. Below are some of the many other highlights from this Heritage FUN Sale.
|1796 Half Cent w/Pole||PCGS AU58 CAC||$158,625|
|1793 Wreath Cent Lettered Edge||PCGS AU53 CAC||$31,725|
|1794 Large Cent Head of 1793||NGC MS61 BN||$82,250|
|1909 S VDB Lincoln Cent||PCGS MS67 Red||$61,688|
|1797 Draped Bust Dime 13 Stars||PCGS MS62||$54,050|
|1837 Seated Dime No Stars Large Date||NGC PR66||$39,950|
|1895 O Barber Dime||PCGS MS67||$58,756|
|1796 Draped Bust Quarter||NGC AU58||$49,350|
|1805 Heraldic Quarter||PCGS MS65||$64,626|
|1916 Standing Liberty Quarter||PCGS MS66 FH CAC||$54,050|
|1796 Draped Bust Half 16 Stars||PCGS F12||$51,700|
|1841 Seated Half Dollar||NGC PR64||$28,200|
|1920 S Walking Liberty Half||PCGS MS66 CAC||$39,950|
|1852 Seated Dollar||PCGS PR65 CAC||$96,938|
|1878 S Trade Dollar||PCGS MS67||$47,000|
|1882 Trade Dollar||PCGS PR68 Cameo CAC||$94,000|
|1880 S Morgan Dollar||PCGS MS69 P/L||$99,875|
|1796 $2 ˝ Gold No Stars||NGC XF40||$73,438|
|1876 $3 Gold||PCGS PR65 DCAM CAC||$94,000|
|1797 $5 Gold 16 Stars||NGC AU58+ ||$305,500|
|1797/5 $5 Gold 15 Stars||PCGS AU55 CAC||$211,500|
|1828 $5 Gold||PCGS MS62||$199,750|
|1929 $5 Gold Indian||PCGS MS64+ CAC||$70,501|
|1795 $10 Gold 13 Leaves||PCGS MS61||$99,875|
|1870 CC $10 Gold||NGC AU50||$82,250|
|1864 $20 Gold||PCGS PR64+ Cameo CAC||$305,500|
|1870 CC $20 Gold||PCGS XF40||$235,000|
|1931 $20 Gold St. Gaudens||PCGS MS65||$100,463|
|1932 $20 Gold St. Gaudens||NGC MS66||$111,625|
|1915 S $50 Gold Pan-Pac Round||PCGS MS65 CAC||$188,000|
|1915 S $50 Gold Pan-Pac Octagonal||PCGS MS66||$199,750|
This week begins with Gold having another go at the $1,200 mark; currently it is $1,182 which is up over $50 from its recent low. This increase certainly helped the FUN Convention as prices advanced on all modern bullion coins as well as early generic U.S. Gold. The majority of changes in this week’s HD Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide are in the U.S. Gold charts showing mixed results. While many prices are lower since the last update, much of the common dates recouped some of their losses by the end of last week. Dealers are hopeful that this year will bring the beginning of a bull market. We are still seeing MS65 $20 Saints trade near the $1,500 level among dealers.
Go to the Weekly Market Report Archive
**Sample Pack + Online Access Special**
NumisMedia is currently offering a special rate for our sample pack plus one month access. The pricing information we report comes from all over the numismatic market, from reliable dealers known for their unbiased market knowledge. Dealer subscribers are a part of our numismatic community, responsible for assisting us in our never-ending pursuit to report real market prices.
4 of the most recent issues and
1 Month - Online Access
to the Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guides
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic HD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the higher denominations (Half Dollars, Dollars, Gold, and Commemoratives) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic LD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the lower denominations (Half Cents through Quarters) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 36 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Moderns has grades from AU50 through MS70 in every U.S. Modern series. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* Online Dealer Subscribers get access to ALL of our Online and Mobile Price Guides - Market, FMV, PCGS, NGC, CAC and Plus +.
* Dealer subscribers will receive the current password and user name for full access to the Online & Mobile Dealer Price Guides via email (usually within one working hour). A new monthly password and user name will be sent via E-News at the beginning of each month and can also be found on the back page of the weekly Dealer Price Guides.
See our other special subscription rates at:
Brought to you by
E-mail questions & comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2017 Numismatic Interactive Network, LLC
Current News and Analysis of the U.S.
Rare Coin Market