NumisMedia Weekly Market Report
Current News and Analysis of the
United States Rare Coin Market
Extended Stay in So Cal Starts with the Pre-ANA Show
August 1, 2016
The ANA World’s Fair of Money begins next week in Anaheim, but just prior to the year’s biggest show is the PNG/ANA Numismatic Trade Show at the same location, running August 6-8. Many dealers will enjoy an extended stay in Southern California as they will have bourse tables at both shows.
The metals have gained some strength over the past few days with Gold now above the $1,350 mark. Silver is once again at $20.50 and Platinum has been on the rise for the last few weeks, now at $1,154. One ounce $50 Proof Gold Eagles in the original government package are trading at $1,530 and Proof Silver Eagles are at $50 each.
The ANA Show has two official auctions with Heritage Auctions and Stack’s Bowers Galleries hosting separate events. Last week we featured potential highlights for the Heritage Auctions Sale, this week we will concentrate on the Stack’s Bowers Galleries Auction. One highlight of the Rarities Night Sale will be the 1839 Liberty Seated Half Dollar No Drapery in PCGS PR64. This is an extremely rare date and there are only a total of eight coins certified in PR62 through PR65 with just a single coin in PR65. The current Market is $155,000. Below are some of the other highlights from this sale.
1839 Liberty Seated Half Dollar No Drapery PCGS PR64 is available at the Stack’s Bowers Galleries ANA World’s Fair of Money Official Auction in Anaheim, California, July 9-12 2016
|1793 Chain Cent AMERI.||PCGS F12||$22,500|
|1824/2 Large Cent||PCGS MS63 BN CAC||$15,750|
|1880 Shield Nickel||PCGS MS66||$97,500|
|1918/7 D Buffalo Nickel||PCGS MS64+ CAC||$63,500|
|1796 Draped Bust Dime||PCGS MS63 CAC||$27,500|
|1837 Liberty Seated Dime No Stars||PCGS PR65 CAC||$29,750|
|1871 CC Liberty Seated Dime||PCGS AU50||$17,250|
|1796 Draped Bust Quarter||NGC MS63||$100,000|
|1853/4 Liberty Seated Quarter A/R||NGC MS65||$40,000|
|1871 CC Liberty Seated Quarter||PCGS VF35||$15,750|
|1918/7 S Standing Liberty Quarter||PCGS MS64 FH||$120,000|
|1795 Flowing Hair Half Two Leaves||PCGS MS63+||$94,500|
|1797 Draped Bust Half 15 Stars||NGC F12||$56,000|
|1870 CC Liberty Seated Half||PCGS AU50||$22,250|
|1874 Liberty Seated Half Arrows||PCGS PR68||N/A|
|1795 Flowing Hair Dollar Three Leaves||PCGS MS63||$140,000|
|1875 $2 ½ Gold||PCGS PR65 CAC||$44,500|
|1864 $3 Gold||PCGS MS65 CAC||$37,250|
|1879 $4 Gold Flowing Hair||PCGS PR63||$140,000|
|1873 $5 Gold Closed 3 ||PCGS PR65 DCam CAC||$65,500|
|1795 $10 Gold Capped Bust 13 Leaves||PCGS AU55||$62,500|
|1798/7 $10 Gold Capped Bust 7x6 Stars||PCGS AU58||$190,000|
|1799 $10 Gold Capped Bust||PCGS MS65||$275,000|
|1804 $10 Gold Crosslet 4||PCGS MS64 CAC||$225,000|
|1907 $10 Gold Indian Wire Rim||PCGS MS65 CAC||$64,500|
|1860 $20 Gold Liberty||PCGS MS65 CAC||$65,000|
|1898 $20 Gold Liberty||PCGS PR65+ DCam CAC||$98,500|
|1912 $20 Gold Saint Gaudens||PCGS PR65 CAC||$67,500|
Go to the Weekly Market Report Archive
**Sample Pack + Online Access Special**
NumisMedia is currently offering a special rate for our sample pack plus one month access. The pricing information we report comes from all over the numismatic market, from reliable dealers known for their unbiased market knowledge. Dealer subscribers are a part of our numismatic community, responsible for assisting us in our never-ending pursuit to report real market prices.
4 of the most recent issues and
1 Month - Online Access
to the Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guides
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic HD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the higher denominations (Half Dollars, Dollars, Gold, and Commemoratives) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic LD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the lower denominations (Half Cents through Quarters) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 36 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Moderns has grades from AU50 through MS70 in every U.S. Modern series. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* Online Dealer Subscribers get access to ALL of our Online and Mobile Price Guides - Market, FMV, PCGS, NGC, CAC and Plus +.
* Dealer subscribers will receive the current password and user name for full access to the Online & Mobile Dealer Price Guides via email (usually within one working hour). A new monthly password and user name will be sent via E-News at the beginning of each month and can also be found on the back page of the weekly Dealer Price Guides.
See our other special subscription rates at:
Brought to you by
E-mail questions & comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2017 Numismatic Interactive Network, LLC
Current News and Analysis of the U.S.
Rare Coin Market