NumisMedia Weekly Market Report
Current News and Analysis of the
United States Rare Coin Market
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All
December 21, 2015
The last important auction of the year was hosted by Legend Rare Coin Auctions last week in Las Vegas. The Regency Auction XV garnered over $2.6 million in a fast-paced sale that saw some very exciting prices realized. Included was a run of tremendously toned Morgan Dollars; common dates with not so common color, many of which realized from $3,000-$6,000. The highlight of this sale was easily the 1899 $5 Gold in PCGS PR68+ Deep Cameo which sold for $146,875. This is the finest known in a PCGS holder. Below are some of the other significant coins in this sale.
1899 $5 Gold PCGS PR68+ Deep Cameo sold for $146,875 at the Legend Rare Coin Auctions Regency Auction XV in Las Vegas, Nevada, December 17, 2015
|1926 S Lincoln Cent||PCGS MS65 RB CAC||$14,100|
|1864 Two Cent Large Motto||PCGS PR66 RD Cam CAC||$35,250|
|1855 Three Cent Silver||PCGS MS66 CAC||$11,456|
|1890 Liberty Nickel||PCGS PR66 DCam CAC||$12,925|
|1937 D Buffalo Nickel 3 Leg||PCGS MS66+ CAC||$88,125|
|1795 Half Dime||PCGS MS65+ CAC||$49,938|
|1796 Half Dime LIBEKTY||PCGS MS63 CAC||$37,600|
|1844 Seated Dime||PCGS MS66 CAC||$47,000|
|1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter||PCGS MS66+ FH CAC||$48,825|
|1796 Draped Bust Half 15 Stars||PCGS VF30||$99,875|
|1797 Draped Bust Half ||PCGS F12||$55,813|
|1837 Bust Half Reeded Edge||PCGS MS65 CAC||$17,625|
|1865 Seated Half||NGC PR68||$24,675|
|1918 D Walking Liberty Half||PCGS MS65 CAC||$25,850|
|1896 Morgan Dollar||PCGS PR67 Cam CAC||$27,025|
|1925 S Peace Dollar||PCGS MS65 CAC||$23,500|
|1870 S $1 Gold||PCGS MS65+ CAC||$42,300|
|1896 $2 ½ Gold||PCGS PR68 DCam CAC||$55,813|
|1926 S $20 Gold St. Gaudens||PCGS MS65||$19,975|
While auctions throughout the year featured a vast number of true rarities, the year is winding down on a rather slow note for most of the more common coins in dealer inventories. If you are bargain hunting, this is the time to begin your search. Dealers on the teletypes have been offering coins from their older inventory at discounts, mostly to free up cash for the upcoming FUN Show in early January. However, rare coins are still rare and dealers are holding steady on the low pop selections.
Recent teletype activity continues to be monopolized by bullion coins as dealers are trying to keep up with demand from their customers. With Silver below the $14.50 mark, buyers are trying to purchase as many Silver Eagles as they can afford at these low levels. Silver Dollars in VG and better are trading at $23,325 per bag of 1,000 and 90% Silver is currently $11,750.
This is our last Market Report for the year. Have a safe and happy holiday season!
Go to the Weekly Market Report Archive
**Sample Pack + Online Access Special**
NumisMedia is currently offering a special rate for our sample pack plus one month access. The pricing information we report comes from all over the numismatic market, from reliable dealers known for their unbiased market knowledge. Dealer subscribers are a part of our numismatic community, responsible for assisting us in our never-ending pursuit to report real market prices.
4 of the most recent issues and
1 Month - Online Access
to the Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guides
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic HD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the higher denominations (Half Dollars, Dollars, Gold, and Commemoratives) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic LD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the lower denominations (Half Cents through Quarters) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 36 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Moderns has grades from AU50 through MS70 in every U.S. Modern series. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* Online Dealer Subscribers get access to ALL of our Online and Mobile Price Guides - Market, FMV, PCGS, NGC, CAC and Plus +.
* Dealer subscribers will receive the current password and user name for full access to the Online & Mobile Dealer Price Guides via email (usually within one working hour). A new monthly password and user name will be sent via E-News at the beginning of each month and can also be found on the back page of the weekly Dealer Price Guides.
See our other special subscription rates at:
Brought to you by
E-mail questions & comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2017 Numismatic Interactive Network, LLC
Current News and Analysis of the U.S.
Rare Coin Market