NumisMedia Weekly Market Report
Current News and Analysis of the
United States Rare Coin Market
Better Date Large Cents in Demand
December 8, 2014
The latest Heritage Auctions Signature Sale was the main attraction at the 58th Houston Money Show this past week. There were numerous high-end rarities that brought some impressive bidding. One of the most sought after coins was the 1852 $50 Gold Assay Office, 900 THOUS, certified as MS64 by PCGS; it also has the CAC sticker. This coin sold for $396,563 and was the top seller of the auction. In addition, the 1870 CC $20 Gold in PCGS AU50 sold for $305,500. Many dealers think this is one of the nicest AU50’s of the eight certified by PCGS and NGC.
The following list contains some of the many highlights from this sale and, once again, several of these coins featured the CAC sticker. Please contact Heritage Auctions for a complete list of prices realized.
1916 D Mercury Dime PCGS MS66 FB CAC sold for $61,688 at the Houston Money Show Heritage Auctions U.S. Coins Signature Sale December 4-7, 2014
|1831 Half Cent||NGC PR66 Red||$45,531|
|1839/6 Large Cent Plain Cords||PCGS XF45 CAC||$14,100|
|1909 S VDB Lincoln Cent||PCGS MS66+ Red CAC||$35,250|
|1867 Shield Nickel No Rays||PCGS 66 Deep Cameo ||$29,375|
|1797 Draped Bust Dime 16 Stars||PCGS MS62 CAC||$31,725|
|1885 S Seated Dime||PCGS MS66 CAC||$45,531|
|1916 D Mercury Dime||PCGS MS66 FB CAC||$61,688|
|1795 Draped Bust Dollar||NGC AU55||$22,325|
|1879 CC Morgan Dollar||PCGS MS65+ CAC||$49,938|
|1889 CC Morgan Dollar||NGC MS64||$71,500|
|1900 $2 ˝ Gold||PCGS PR67 DCam CAC||$41,125|
|1864 S $5 Gold||PCGS XF45||$44,063|
|1915 S $5 Gold Indian||NGC MS64||$31,725|
|1915 $10 Gold Indian||PCGS PR66||$99,875|
|1859 O $20 Gold||PCGS AU50||$38,188|
|1907 $20 Gold High Relief||NGC MS65+ CAC||$52,875|
There were an abundance of increases in the Large Cent chart this week as noted in the LD Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide. Dealers and collectors of Large Cents are always ready to compete for better dates and varieties when they become available. Of course, they need to be problem free for the grade. On the move is the 1793 Vine & Bars in AU58, now up to $32,650 Market. Also advancing is the 1794 ‘Head of 1794’ in several grades with the MS62 higher at $21,750. Here is a short list of some other Large Cents on the upswing.
|1796 Rev of 1797||MS64||$21,750|
|1798 2nd Hair Style||MS64||$14,500|
|1803 Large Date, Small Fraction||F12||$16,750|
|1814 Crosslet 4||MS62||$6,825|
|1826 6 over 5||MS64||$8,950|
Go to the Weekly Market Report Archive
**Sample Pack + Online Access Special**
NumisMedia is currently offering a special rate for our sample pack plus one month access. The pricing information we report comes from all over the numismatic market, from reliable dealers known for their unbiased market knowledge. Dealer subscribers are a part of our numismatic community, responsible for assisting us in our never-ending pursuit to report real market prices.
4 of the most recent issues and
1 Month - Online Access
to the Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guides
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic HD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the higher denominations (Half Dollars, Dollars, Gold, and Commemoratives) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic LD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the lower denominations (Half Cents through Quarters) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 36 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Moderns has grades from AU50 through MS70 in every U.S. Modern series. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* Online Dealer Subscribers get access to ALL of our Online and Mobile Price Guides - Market, FMV, PCGS, NGC, CAC and Plus +.
* Dealer subscribers will receive the current password and user name for full access to the Online & Mobile Dealer Price Guides via email (usually within one working hour). A new monthly password and user name will be sent via E-News at the beginning of each month and can also be found on the back page of the weekly Dealer Price Guides.
See our other special subscription rates at:
Brought to you by
E-mail questions & comments to email@example.com
Copyright © 2017 Numismatic Interactive Network, LLC
Current News and Analysis of the U.S.
Rare Coin Market