NumisMedia Weekly Market Report
Current News and Analysis of the
United States Rare Coin Market
Silver Dollars and U.S. Gold Lead Market
May 19, 2014
This week’s HD Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide shows increases from Half Dollars all the way through Twenty Dollar Gold, and in most grades. The variety of coins in demand is not limited to these areas. Buyers are looking for coins that have any or all of the following characteristics: rarity, eye appeal, low pop, and especially those coins that do not appear on the market very often.
In Bust Half Dollars, the Market has increased for various coins grading F12 through MS65. For instance, the 1815/2 is up to $25,750 in MS63 and $46,500 in MS64. And even though the 1817/4 has not traded in several years (that we are aware of), it would certainly bring much more than the listed prices in today’s market. While there are several advances in MS64 and MS65 dates, such as 1819, 22, 24, 26, and 28, there are also a few declines in the MS66 column. Even with some slight declines it shows that these coins are marketable with small discounts.
The Silver Dollar market has not slowed and the number of buyers appears to have expanded. Current prices are solid and in some cases buyers will pay more for MS63 through MS67 coins if they have a specific quality, usually “white” with no toning. Below is a list of several Morgan Dollars that are higher this week.
|1879 CC Cap Die||MS65||$34,500|
The U.S Gold charts include numerous advances for many better date coins. In the $2 ½ Liberty series, the 1846 in MS63 moved to a higher $18,650 Market while the 1848 D in the same grade jumped to $24,250. In both cases the MS63 is the highest grade certified by either service; the 1846 has a total of four coins and the 1848 D has ten coins certified by PCGS and NGC combined.
In the $5 Gold chart, the number of increases mostly runs across the grades of AU50 through MS64. There are several noteworthy dates that have climbed in the last few weeks, among them are the following.
|1823 $5 Gold||MS62||$27,500|
|1826 $5 Gold||MS61||$43,500|
|1827 $5 Gold||MS63||$90,000|
|1831 $5 Gold||MS61||$75,500|
|1854 C $5 Gold||MS63||$28,500|
|1861 D $5 Gold||AU55||$38,500|
|1863 $5 Gold||AU58||$19,850|
From what we have seen over the past several months, buyers are in the market for low mintage and low population U.S. Gold with most of the demand in $5 and higher denominations. This buying strategy is expected to continue although we are beginning to see some of the dates within the $2½ Gold Liberty series included in this demand.
Go to the Weekly Market Report Archive
**Sample Pack + Online Access Special**
NumisMedia is currently offering a special rate for our sample pack plus one month access. The pricing information we report comes from all over the numismatic market, from reliable dealers known for their unbiased market knowledge. Dealer subscribers are a part of our numismatic community, responsible for assisting us in our never-ending pursuit to report real market prices.
4 of the most recent issues and
1 Month - Online Access
to the Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guides
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic HD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the higher denominations (Half Dollars, Dollars, Gold, and Commemoratives) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic LD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the lower denominations (Half Cents through Quarters) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 36 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Moderns has grades from AU50 through MS70 in every U.S. Modern series. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* Online Dealer Subscribers get access to ALL of our Online and Mobile Price Guides - Market, FMV, PCGS, NGC, CAC and Plus +.
* Dealer subscribers will receive the current password and user name for full access to the Online & Mobile Dealer Price Guides via email (usually within one working hour). A new monthly password and user name will be sent via E-News at the beginning of each month and can also be found on the back page of the weekly Dealer Price Guides.
See our other special subscription rates at:
Brought to you by
E-mail questions & comments to email@example.com
Copyright © 2017 Numismatic Interactive Network, LLC
Current News and Analysis of the U.S.
Rare Coin Market