NumisMedia Weekly Market Report
Current News and Analysis of the
United States Rare Coin Market
Heritage Auctions and Central States Highlight of Week
April 21, 2014
Central States is the focus for the coming week and, judging by the metals this morning, buyers will be able to do some bargain hunting. Gold is down about $40 since last Monday which has directly led to one ounce Gold Eagles discounted the same amount. Proof $50 Gold Eagles are currently trading at $1,520 wholesale in OGP. Along with demand for the usual metals, buyers will be looking for any and all U.S. Gold, especially better to rare dates. There has not been a slowdown in demand for Type I & II Twenties with advanced buyers searching for Carson City and New Orleans dated coins. Heritage Auctions hosts the CSNS US Coin Signature Auction which includes numerous rarities. Below is a list of the potential highlights of this sale.
Heritage Auctions is hosting the 2014 CSNS US Coin Signature Auction in Chicago, April 23-27
|1793 Wreath Cent Vine & Bars||PCGS MS65 BN||$175,000|
|1846 Seated Dollar||NGC MS65+ CAC||$74,500|
|1893 S Morgan Dollar||NGC MS65||$435,000|
|1821 $5 Gold||NGC AU55||$92,500|
|1798/7 $10 Gold 9x4 Stars||PCGS MS62||$135,000|
|1854 O $20 Gold||PCGS AU55||$440,000|
|1861 S $20 Gold Paquet||PCGS AU58||$200,000|
|1870 CC $20 Gold||PCGS AU50||$325,000|
|1915 S $50 Gold Pan-Pac Octagonal||NGC MS67||$240,000|
Another series that is attracting buyers, and has been for several months, is Silver Dollars. Both Morgan and Peace Dollars have seen a rash of increases with many in MS63 and higher grades. The following list shows some of the advances in the Market price over the last few weeks.
|1878 CC Morgan||MS66||$4,325|
|1879 O Morgan||MS65||$3,225|
|1883 S Morgan||MS63||$2,375|
|1884 S Morgan||MS63||$43,750|
|1886 O Morgan||MS64||$10,850|
|1888 S Morgan||MS65||$2,550|
|1889 S Morgan||MS66||$4,250|
|1892 CC Morgan||MS65||$8,450|
|1895 S Morgan||MS64||$8,650|
|1904 S Morgan||MS65||$8,750|
|1926 D Peace||MS66||$2,075|
|1928 S Peace||MS64||$1,125|
|1934 D Peace||MS65||$1,400|
|1934 S Peace||MS63||$3,375|
In this week's LD Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide the majority of changes occurred in the Lincoln Cents chart. This remains a very popular series and buyers want nice coins for the grade and will pay premiums for coins that do not have unattractive spots. The 1911 S in MS64 Brown increased to $280 Market this week. The 1912 and 1913 in MS65 Red both climbed; the 1912 is now $380 and the 1913 is $440. The 1915 in MS65 Red also jumped to a higher $700.
Go to the Weekly Market Report Archive
**Sample Pack + Online Access Special**
NumisMedia is currently offering a special rate for our sample pack plus one month access. The pricing information we report comes from all over the numismatic market, from reliable dealers known for their unbiased market knowledge. Dealer subscribers are a part of our numismatic community, responsible for assisting us in our never-ending pursuit to report real market prices.
4 of the most recent issues and
1 Month - Online Access
to the Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guides
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic HD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the higher denominations (Half Dollars, Dollars, Gold, and Commemoratives) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic LD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the lower denominations (Half Cents through Quarters) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 36 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Moderns has grades from AU50 through MS70 in every U.S. Modern series. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* Online Dealer Subscribers get access to ALL of our Online and Mobile Price Guides - Market, FMV, PCGS, NGC, CAC and Plus +.
* Dealer subscribers will receive the current password and user name for full access to the Online & Mobile Dealer Price Guides via email (usually within one working hour). A new monthly password and user name will be sent via E-News at the beginning of each month and can also be found on the back page of the weekly Dealer Price Guides.
See our other special subscription rates at:
Brought to you by
E-mail questions & comments to email@example.com
Copyright © 2017 Numismatic Interactive Network, LLC
Current News and Analysis of the U.S.
Rare Coin Market