NumisMedia Weekly Market Report
Current News and Analysis of the
United States Rare Coin Market
Sale of $10 Indian Gold Collection Drives Market
August 26, 2013
The 2013 Chicago ANA is behind us and most dealers are still processing new acquisitions. We have been doing our own processing, updating prices from the Heritage Auction and the Stack’s Bowers Galleries Sale.
1907 Indian Rolled Edge in MS67
Barber Halves and Walking Liberty Half Dollars showed some great results from the two events with numerous increases in Market values. A complete set of Barber Halves is higher in all grades from VF20 through MS66 with the exception of the MS65. While there were several dates with increased Market values in MS65, there were enough discounted issues to more than offset these gains and show a slight downward movement for the complete set. Yet, we are sure that any potential complete set would still command a premium because of the current demand in this very popular series. The current Market price for a complete set of MS65 Barber Halves is $397,575.
Walkers are very strong at current levels; dates from 1916 through 1933 are moving higher in MS63 to MS65. Here is a list of MS65 dates with previous Market prices along with the current Market price.
|Date||Previous Market||Current Market|
|1917 D Obv||$5,725||$5,850|
|1917 D Rev||$12,500||$12,750|
|1917 S Obv||$15,500||$15,750|
|1917 S Rev||$10,500||$11,250|
|1918 S ||$12,750||$13,250|
The Bentley Shores Collection of $10 Indian Gold was a phenomenal presentation in the Stack’s Bowers Sale. These coins have had a major influence on this series and the updated Market prices reflect these increases. The 1907 Rolled Edge in MS67 now has a Market price of $420,000 against the previous value of $385,000. The 1908 D with Motto in MS67 increased $2,000 to $59,500, and the 1908 S in MS69 now has a Market value of $155,000 where we previously had no information. Here are a few other changes for the $10 Indian series, some of which declined as a result of recent transactions.
|Date/Grade||Previous Market||Current Market|
|1909 D MS67||$95,000||$96,500|
|1910 D MS67||$34,500||$37,750|
|1910 S MS66||$95,500||$88,500|
|1911 D MS64||$51,500||$54,500|
|1912 S MS65||$33,000||$36,500|
|1915 S MS66||$97,500||$98,250|
|1916 S MS67||$98,500||$99,500|
In this week’s Moderns Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide, the majority of adjustments are increases. The metals are higher than the last report, so all the of the modern categories show a variety of increases in the charts. There are also higher prices for high grade coins in Modern Lincoln Cents, early Washington Quarters, and Ike Dollars. 1934 D Lincoln Cent has a new Market price of $1,325 in MS67 Red and the 1937 S in MS67 Red is now $300. The 1934 D Washington Quarter is up to $1,725 Market in MS66 and the 1935 S in MS67 is now higher at $1,975. Eisenhower Dollars are very tough to find in high grades of Mint State. The 1971 D in MS67 is now at $875 Market and the 1973 increased to $715 in MS66.
Go to the Weekly Market Report Archive
**Sample Pack + Online Access Special**
NumisMedia is currently offering a special rate for our sample pack plus one month access. The pricing information we report comes from all over the numismatic market, from reliable dealers known for their unbiased market knowledge. Dealer subscribers are a part of our numismatic community, responsible for assisting us in our never-ending pursuit to report real market prices.
4 of the most recent issues and
1 Month - Online Access
to the Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guides
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic HD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the higher denominations (Half Dollars, Dollars, Gold, and Commemoratives) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic LD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the lower denominations (Half Cents through Quarters) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 36 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Moderns has grades from AU50 through MS70 in every U.S. Modern series. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* Online Dealer Subscribers get access to ALL of our Online and Mobile Price Guides - Market, FMV, PCGS, NGC, CAC and Plus +.
* Dealer subscribers will receive the current password and user name for full access to the Online & Mobile Dealer Price Guides via email (usually within one working hour). A new monthly password and user name will be sent via E-News at the beginning of each month and can also be found on the back page of the weekly Dealer Price Guides.
See our other special subscription rates at:
Brought to you by
E-mail questions & comments to email@example.com
Copyright © 2017 Numismatic Interactive Network, LLC
Current News and Analysis of the U.S.
Rare Coin Market